Sunday, December 30, 2012

Reflecting, Reminiscing, and Remembering 2012!

It hard to believe another year is about to end.  It seems like yesterday I was posting about starting 2012 off with a bang.  In fact, I ended the post with this exact paragraph:

"So, after I thought about how many things and places I have not done or been, with less fortunate kids who need a mentor, the new year only brings hope I can do and share those events with the ones who look up to me for help and hope. This is the year I graduate from college, start a new career, and hopefully reach out to so many new people at home a abroad. Everyone can reach a goal, whether it's to tie your shoe for the first time or get all A's in school. You don't need to have one arm and 2 fingers to reach it. Big or small, decide what YOU want this year and decide how you will accomplish it.

If you can dream it, you can do it! Now get out there!"


With that, I sit here, in the same spot as last year, typing the same message, with a different perspective.  Just a little rundown of how the past year has played out:

I started the year off with a "bang" by killing my first white elk. 


Then girls cruise for spring break....



Followed by graduating with my Finance degree....FINALLY!! 

 

Then, I moved to North Carolina full-time, took the summer off by hem-hawin' around the mountains, vacationing, and started a new job in Asheville



Pretty boring stuff, I know...BUT THEN I went to Texas to celebrate my main man's 80th birthday.  That was probably the highlight of my year, getting to see my Sam and Pa and seeing my family.



  Lastly, I spent the holidays with the people who mean the most and have made all of the above possible...my parents. 



So, as I look back on the last paragraph of what I wanted to accomplish this year, I have to say it has been beyond what I imagined.  Yes, there are things I wish I could have done differently.  Yes, there are people who I wish were still around.  Yes, there are places and people I did not see who I have wanted or should have.  But, No, I would not change it for the world.  I have been touched by hundreds of new Lucky Fin friends, connected with many new organizations, and learned so, so much from everyone who is determined to inspire so many by living their everyday life. 

Here are just a few of what I have managed to collect this year from some amazing people:







Regardless of what others think of you, or what they think you should do....do what makes YOU happy and remember, you probably already have everything you need.

So, as we countdown the next 24 hours, I hope you have had a year you will always remember. And as always,

If you can dream it, you can do it! Now get out there!

Love to All,
Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment